A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat update that rolled out recently for Galaxy A5 SM-A500H is now available for download. The firmware released in various countries including Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria, and Uzbekistan. Many user already received OTA updates. You can also download XXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware using official utility KIES. If you can’t see the download link on KIES then continue reading our tutorial below for a manual tutorial. A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat is more of a bug fix and regular maintenance update. You can install XXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Galaxy A5 A500H using our detailed tutorial below. Please note, this is ODIN flashable firmware and not CWM recovery flashable. You will lose root access once you flash this firmware. However you can always root A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat back using proper root method later. It’s always advisable to update device to latest available firmware version. Official firmware is also good option to unroot Galaxy A5 A500H or unbrick Galaxy A5 A500H if brick happen because of software issue.
How To Root A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware
A rooting tutorial for A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware for Galaxy A5 SM-A500H isn’t available right now.
Please, try either OTA or Kies update instruction to update Galaxy A5 to A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat stock firmware. If both method failed then, you should try to install A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on Galaxy A5 SM-A500H manually.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy A5 SM-A500H. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (PrimeHowTo) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Official firmware restore all existing data but to avoid any accidental data lose (such as fixing bootloop) always backup your existing data before proceeding.
2. Make sure your device have enough battery power (at least 50% battery power) to avoid any accidental brick. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy A5 SM-A500H in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and Galaxy A5 SM-A500H. [General Guide]
5. Manual update will be done using Odin utility which support Windows system only for now.
How To Update Galaxy A5 SM-A500H via OTA
- Make sure, you have a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Now, go to Android app drawer and then select Settings.
- Then locate About Device and tap on it.
- Next select Software update from About device screen.
- Then tap on Update option.
- You should see an update, press OK to download and install. (Remember, download using 3G or network data will incur additional charges to your phone bill!)
- Soon your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
If you see “The latest update have already been installed” massage while checking update then your device yet to receive an OTA update. Check back within few days or jump to next procedure.
How To Update Galaxy A5 SM-A500H via Kies
- Make sure, you have a stable internet connection.
- Now download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to computer via USB cable.
- Wait few minute and soon Kies will detect your Android device.
- You should notice a New Firmware Upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Follow on screen instruction and soon you will see your device running upgrade and reboot automatically. Once done, you can disconnect your device from computer.
Again! If you see “This is the latest firmware” in Samsung Kies, then your device (or country) yet to receive this latest update on Kies. Its good time to go for manual update instruction that located below.
- Flashing or installing official firmware will remove custom ROM including CM11, AOKP, Avatar, Beanstalk, Omni ROM, Slim ROM, Pac-Man, Paranoid Android, LiquidSmooth or Carbon.
- We always try to add resumable download link when available but since most download link comes from free host, you may not receive good speed. Also, we only add torrent when available from trusted source. To speed up your download you can always buy premium membership account.
A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware Download Links
Morocco (MWD) : A500HXXU1ANL1_A500HOJV1ANL2_MWD.zip
Nigeria : A500HXXU1ANL1_A500HOJV1ANL2_ECT.zip
Unknown : A500HXXU1ANL1_A500HOJV1ANL2_MRU.zip
Uzbekistan : A500HXXU1ANL1_A500HOXY1ANL1_CAC.zip
[Note: You can install any firmware listed above despite availability in other countries, except those which comes with carrier name.]
*Download link last updated in 23-December-2014.
How To Install A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat On Galaxy A5 SM-A500H Manually
- Download Odin v3.09.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip in your computer, you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some optional files. Please, don’t extract the file twice, else you will end up with some unflashable file.
- Now extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device and wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy A5 SM-A500H in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. You will soon see a warning screen; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator since Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- When all done, connect your device to your PC using USB cable. You will see an “Added!!” massage in Odin’s message box. Try other USB port, preferably USB port located in back in your desktop PC if you don’t see the Added massage. In case, the solution don’t work then re-install USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that .tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2. If you using an eariler version of Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected (deafult set up).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer. In case, you want to flash another file via Odin then hit Reset button.
Congrats! You just updated your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H to A500HXXU1ANL1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware. Go to Settings > About device to verify this firmware update.
How To Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy A5 SM-A500H
If Galaxy A5 SM-A500H stuck at booting animation for more than 10 minutes after final step then follow below instructions (it happen some time so don’t worry). Please note, the given solution will erase data that stored in mobile memory and not SD card data:
- Boot into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together till Samsung logo flash twice then leave Power button.
- Now perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to select a option.