With the launch of Android One device Google not only give us a cheap Android device but also the ability to enjoy latest variant of Android. Google recently rolled out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop updates on various Android One model build by different manufacturer. If you yet to receive that Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update (from LMY47O to LMY47V) then you can grab suitable download link from below and flash it using given instruction (for stock recovery). Thanks to GokulNC and Sudipto_Ghosh for sharing download links and installation instruction respectively.
This tutorial is only for Android One devices. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (PrimeHowTo) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though official update rarely mess with your device but as always we have some pre-requisites that you should follow to avoid any uncomfortable situation.
2. Make sure your device have enough battery power (at least 50% battery power) to avoid any accidental brick. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for Android One device in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and Android One device. By default its enabled, so you don’t have to worry. [General Guide]
Download LMY47V Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Download Link
Micromax Canvas A1 AQ4501: Click Here
Karbonn Sparkle V: Click Here
Symphony Roar A50: Click Here
Nexian Journey One Mi438S: Click Here
For Other 4GB Variants: Click Here (Flash from CUSTOM recovery)
For Other 8GB Variants: Click Here (Flash from CUSTOM recovery)
How To Install LMY47V Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA Update Using Stock Recovery
1. Download the Lollipop 5.1 OTA (LMY47O) [only for Canvas A1] and place it on SD card’s root.*
2. Download the Lollipop 5.1.1 OTA (LMY47V) from above and place it on SD card’s root.
3. Switch off the phone.
4. Boot into recovery mode .
5. Select “Install update from sd card“.
6. Navigate to the Lollipop 5.1 OTA zip and install it.
7. Without rebooting, install the Lollipop 5.1.1 OTA zip. It will install without any error.
8. Reboot the phone.
9. Boot will take time. Android will upgrade !!
That’s it! Your Android One smart phone should now run Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
* You may skip step 1 in most cases.