The developer of CyanogenMod recently released CM11 milestone 10 ROM for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. If you already updated your Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat but still like to try out something better as well as stable then install CM11 M10 custom firmware. This latest CM11 milestone build is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Milestone build is more stable than nightly build. It also comes with various cool features. This custom firmware known for various customization that yet to be present on official firmware such as theme engine, customized power option, sound control and many more. You will surely enjoy CM11 M10 milestone build for its simple, fast and battery efficient interface. Its easy to install this custom ROM, all you have to do, install a custom recovery such as CWM recovery or TWRP recovery and then follow below guide.
CM11 M10 Changelog:
- Theme Engine: Themes support for additional UI elements
- Frameworks & Core Apps: CAF and other upstream updates
- Settings: Add scramble pin feature
- Frameworks: Long press recent apps to switch to last used app
- Settings: Add soft reboot option
- Add smart cover support
- Add glove mode support
- Add bug reporter and crash log uploader
- Multisim updates
- General bug fixes (many many)
- ANT+ Support for various hardware
- Privacy Guard: Control NFC permissions
This tutorial is only for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (PrimeHowTo) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
2. Make sure your device have enough battery power (at least 50% battery power) to avoid any accidental brick. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed.
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and Motorola Droid Bionic XT875. By default its enabled, so you don’t have to worry.
5. Your device have latest Safestrap recovery installed..
Hope, you already checked all pre-requisites. It’s time to follow the step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.4 KitKat based CM11 M10 ROM (milestone build) on Motorola Droid Bionic XT875.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- CM11 M10 milestone For Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 [codename: targa]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip] or any other 4.4 KitKat Gapps
How to Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat based CM11 M10 (milestone build) ROM on Motorola Droid Bionic XT875
- Connect your smartphone to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your smartphone.
- Now boot into Safestrap recovery. To do so, first press power button to turn device on then after the Motorola splash screen, you should see the Safestrap screen. The Safestrap screen should show Safestrap Disabled in red, Recovery at the bottom left, and Continue at the bottom right. Tap on Recovery button on the Safestrap main screen to boot into Safestrap recovery mode.
- Now it’s time to set up a ROM slot for CM11. To do so, tap on Boot Options and in the very next screen tap on ROM-Slot-1. Now set the data partition to a minimum of 1GB unless you planning to install tons of apps and games. The other two partitions – system and cache are default and cannot be changed. Wait for the partitions to get set up.
- Once the process completed, your ROM slot is ready. Which means it will boot from that new slot from now on. All we have to do now, install a ROM on that slot, which in our case is CM11.
- Press the home button to return back to the main screen. Now tap on Install and navigate and select CM11 M10 zip. On the next screen, slide the button to confirm the installation.The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main menu and select reboot system to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM CM11 M10. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
That’s it! You just learned how to update your Motorola Droid Bionic XT875 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom firmware using CM11 M10. Explore the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat based CM11 M10 ROM. [Note: If you facing problem to run root only app then enable developer settings first (tap the build number 8 times under about device), then enable root under Developer Settings].