Update your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G to Android 5.0 Lollipop with the help of custom firmware OmniROM 5.0. This unofficial OmniROM build is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop. Since the build is just an initial build, every Omni ROM features may not be ported yet but mostly work fine. Samsung won’t update Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G to Android 5.0 Lollipop, hence flashing custom ROM is the only way yo upgrade your device to latest Android OS. The bloatware free and battery savvy OmniROM 5.0 unofficial build going to be a long runner. You can easily install OmniROM 5.0 unofficial build on your Galaxy S2 I9100G once you install custom recovery such as CWM recovery.
This unofficial Omni 5.0 build is developed by Jiangyi (donate).
Since the ROM is still under development, you may see few bugs which will be fixed as development progress.
What’s still broken:
– Camera does not work currently Apparently third-party cameras work fine, so try those instead.
– Cell signal display is stuck at 2 bars, the actual cell signal works fine.
– Mobile data doesn’t connect
This tutorial is only for Galaxy S2 I9100G. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (PrimeHowTo) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
- It’s advisable to backup your data prior flashing. I recommend app Helium for this purpose, however you can use any other preferred backup app. [General Guide]. Also, it’s good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially helpful when during following instruction you need to perform some type of wiping task.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why always check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the device should have 50% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware and it will be fine on 30% or more if you going to root it. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones.
- You must have USB Driver Installed for DDD Galaxy S2 I9100G in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and DDD Galaxy S2 I9100G. [General Guide]
- Your device must have latest available custom recovery installed. [General Guide]
If you already read and followed everything that we mentioned above then you are all set to go the next page of this tutorial which ultimately help you to flash Android 5.0 Lollipop based OmniROM 5.0 ROM (unofficial build) for Galaxy S2 I9100G.
Pages: 1 2