An easy to follow rooting guide for G850FXXU2BNK3 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware that running on Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F is now available at PrimeHowTo. You probably already installed XXU2BNK3 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware that rolled out recently by Samsung. If don’t then update it using this tutorial: Update Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F with G850FXXU2BNK3 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Official Firmware [How To]. Once you flash or install official firmware, your existing root access will be void. You must root it again, just like any other fresh Galaxy Alpha G850F. The process is very much easy. All you have to do, flash a small zip file using Odin utility. Read through this guide to learn step-by-step procedure to root Galaxy Alpha G850F powered by G850FXXU2BNK3 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.
A rooted device offer you capability to completely utilize the hardware resource as well as eliminate any limitation that comes with stock or official firmware. In sort you can use your device the way you want. Once rooted, you can access system files, can overclock/underclock CPU and GPU, can use various MOD as well as those apps that ask root access. Please note, once you root your device, your manufacturer warranty will be void. You can always regain it by following proper unroot process (for example, flash official firmware and then use triangle away). You can learn more about benefits of rooting here: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices.
Recommended Reading: How To Disable KNOX Security Service on Samsung Galaxy Line Up
Before moving towards rooting of G850FXXU2BNK3 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware, we have to go through some pre-requisites.
We at PrimeHowTo produce tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Galaxy Alpha G850F. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- It’s advisable to backup your data prior flashing. I recommend app Helium for this purpose, however you can use any other preferred backup app. [General Guide]. Also, it’s good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially helpful when during following instruction you need to perform some type of wiping task.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why always check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the device should have 50% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware and it will be fine on 30% or more if you going to root it. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones.
- You must have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F. [General Guide]
- The rooting will be done using Odin utility which support Windows system only for now.
So, you done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to root Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F running G850FXXU2BNK3 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.
Pages: 1 2