After installing or flashing official firmware update an advance user always look for root access. If you updated your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 to latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean then you most likely looking for a way to root it. If you haven’t update your device then follow this: Download I9200ZCUCNJ1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 – How To Guide. Root access on your device offer you several key benefits that we can’t just overlook. However, once we flash official firmware, it restore the kernel hence device is unroooted. To enjoy your root only apps or to enjoy root access you must root your device. Continue reading this article to learn how to root I9200ZCUCNJ1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware that running on Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200.
A rooted device offer you capability to completely utilize the hardware resource as well as eliminate any limitation that comes with stock or official firmware. In sort you can use your device the way you want. Once rooted, you can access system files, can overclock/underclock CPU and GPU, can use various MOD as well as those apps that ask root access. Please note, once you root your device, your manufacturer warranty will be void. You can always regain it by following proper unroot process (for example, flash official firmware and then use triangle away). You can learn more about benefits of rooting here: Benefits of Rooting Android Devices.
Recommended Reading: How To Disable KNOX Security Service on Samsung Galaxy Line Up
Before moving towards rooting of I9200ZCUCNJ1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware, we have to go through some pre-requisites.
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (PrimeHowTo) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though root method mentioned below don’t erase internal memory data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any accidental data lose.
2. Make sure your device have enough battery power (at least 50% battery power) to avoid any accidental brick. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200. [General Guide]
How To Root I9200ZCUCNJ1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200
- Download Odin v3.09 and root file for I9200ZCUCNJ1.
- Extract CF-Auto-Root zip file that you downloaded earlier from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- When all done, connect your device to your PC using USB cable. You will see an “Added!!” massage in Odin’s message box. Try other USB port, preferably USB port located in back in your desktop PC if you don’t see the Added massage. In case, the solution don’t work then re-install USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that CF-Auto-Root-melius3g-melius3gxx-gti9200.tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2. If you using an earlier version of Odin then add the file to PDA button.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected (default set up).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer. In case, you want to flash another file via Odin then hit Reset button.
Congrats! You just rooted I9200ZCUCNJ1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware that running on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200. You can check your success by installing an app called “Root Checker” which is available for free from Google PLAY store. You can find some best root apps here: Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets). Fix any root issue: Connect your device to internet then update SueperSU app binary. After that, open SueperSU again and turn off KNOX notification from there.