LRX22G Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware update recently arrived for Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) and many of you most likely updated your device by flashing official factory image or via OTA. Those who yet to receive an OTA update can follow our manual installation guide Android 5.0.2 Lollipop LRX22G on Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi). After flashing or updating to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop LRX22G factory image, the next thing you probably looking for an easy way to root Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build LRX22G. You can easily root your Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) running on LRX22G Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware using below guide.There are various benefits of rooting Android devices including ability to access system files, can over clock or under clock with the help of kernel or app and many more.
To root Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) running on latest official firmware, we will use Wug’s Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.9. With this tool root is oneclick away from Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop LRX22G. You can also install custom recovery (CWM recovery or TWRP Recovery) using same tool and if you wish you can also unroot Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. When you click on Root button on Wug’s Nexus Root Toolkit, it basically perform following task:
- Unlock the bootloader
- Boot/flash into an alternate recovery
- Use that recovery to flash a Superuser recovery zip
2. Make sure your device have enough battery power (at least 50% battery power) to avoid any accidental brick. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi). By default its enabled, so you don’t have to worry. [General Guide]
5. Download Wug’s Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.9.
Steps To Root Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) On Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop LRX22G
Step 1: Connect your Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) To Computer. Wait few seconds to allow your computer to recognize it.
Step 2: Now open Wug’s Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.9. Wait few seconds to allow toolkit recognize your device then click on big Root button to start the process. You may require to follow onscreen instruction.
That’s it! Your Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi) that’s running on latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop LRX22G is now rooted. You can use the same tool to install custom recovery or you can visit this page: Best Apps For Rooted Android Devices (Android Phones & Tablets).