CyanogenMod team recently rolled out CM12.1 nightly ROM for Motorola Droid 4 XT894. This custom ROM is build using Android 5.1.1 Lollipop as base hence you will enjoy all features that the latest version of Android is offering along with CM12.1 ROM own features. The good thing about CM12.1 nightly build is, it update daily which mean bug will be fixed faster. You can learn the required steps to update your Motorola Droid 4 XT894 to latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based custom ROM CM12.1 by following below given tutorial.
Few cool Android 5.1.1 Lollipop features are – Quick Settings panel, HD voice calling, native dual-SIM support, Revamped Screen Pinning, improved Device protection that stopping thieves from factory resetting your phone, improved Volume and Interruptions sliders and many more.
This tutorial is only for Motorola Droid 4 XT894. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (PrimeHowTo) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
2. Make sure your device have enough battery power (at least 50% battery power) to avoid any accidental brick. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Droid 4 XT894 in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and Motorola Droid 4 XT894. By default its enabled, so you don’t have to worry. [General Guide]
5. Your device have latest Safestrap recovery Installed. The latest CWM version 18.104.22.168 and up or TWRP 22.214.171.124 and up can also flash this ROM. [General Guide]
Hope, you already checked all pre-requisites. It’s time to follow the step-by-step guide on how to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 (nightly) ROM on Motorola Droid 4 XT894.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- CM12.1 (nightly) For Motorola Droid 4 XT894 [Filename: cm-12.1-20150528-NIGHTLY-maserati.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: gapps-510-base-20150327-1-signed.zip]
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 (nightly) ROM on Motorola Droid 4 XT894
Step 1: Connect your smartphone to PC using USB cable.
Step 2: Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your smartphone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
Step 3: Disconnect USB and then turn off your smartphone.
Step 4: Now boot into Safestrap recovery. To do so, first press power button to turn it on then after the Motorola splash screen, you should see the Safestrap screen. The Safestrap screen should show Safestrap Disabled in red, Recovery at the bottom left, and Continue at the bottom right. Tap on Recovery button on the Safestrap main screen to boot into Safestrap recovery mode.
Step 5: Now it’s time to set up a ROM slot for CM12.1. To do so, tap on Boot Options and in the very next screen tap on ROM-Slot-1. Now set the data partition to a minimum of 1GB unless you planning to install tons of apps and games. The other two partitions – system and cache are default and cannot be changed. Wait for the partitions to get set up.
Step 6: Once the process completed, your ROM slot is ready. Which means it will boot from that new slot from now on. All we have to do now, install a ROM on that slot, which in our case is CM12.1.
Step 7: Press the home button to return back to the main screen. Now tap on Install and navigate and select cm-12.1-20150528-NIGHTLY-maserati.zip. On the next screen, slide the button to confirm the installation. The ROM installation will begin.
Step 7: Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose gapps-510-base-20150327-1-signed.zip instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
Step 8: When installation is completed, go back to the main menu and select reboot system to reboot the smartphone and boot up into customized Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 (nightly) ROM. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
That’s it! You just learned how to update your Motorola Droid 4 XT894 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware using CM12.1 (nightly). Explore the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 (nightly) ROM.