Google rolled out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware update recently. Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LYZ28E factory image for T-Mobile Nexus 6 is now available for download and install. In this page you will learn a beginner guide to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LYZ28E factory image on T-Mobile Nexus 6. Google already issued an OTA update but if you yet to receive OTA notification in your T-Mobile Nexus 6 device then you can do it manually. All you need to do, download this official factory image and manually install (sideload) it on T-Mobile Nexus 6 using our guide. Once you flash this Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LYZ28E factory image, you will lose the root access, however in our next article we will add how to root T-Mobile Nexus 6 running on official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop build LYZ28E. We yet to know what changes it bring exactly but we learned it will improve the performance of your T-Mobile Nexus 6.
This tutorial is only for T-Mobile Nexus 6. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
2. Make sure your device have enough battery power (at least 50% battery power) to avoid any accidental brick. You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for T-Mobile Nexus 6 in your PC. If you manage to access your phone data after connecting to your computer then you already have USB driver installed. [Download Driver Manually]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it’s won’t be possible to transfer file between PC and T-Mobile Nexus 6. By default its enabled, so you don’t have to worry. [General Guide]
5. You must already installed ADB & Fastboot. Follow this guide: How To Setup ADB & Fastboot In Your Computer
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LYZ28E factory image on T-Mobile Nexus 6.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Image for T-Mobile Nexus 6 [Filename: shamu-lyz28e-factory-b542b88a.tgz]
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LYZ28E Factory Image on T-Mobile Nexus 6
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Now turn off your T-Mobile Nexus 6.
- Now, boot into Fastboot or Bootloader Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power button together until you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now extract downloaded factory image on your computer. Go to the folder shamu-lyz28e and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
- Now perform following task depending on your OS. All mentioned files located within Fastboot folder.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Wait for the installation process to complete it, you may require to follow onscreen instruction in your T-Mobile Nexus 6.
- Once the installation process completed, your device will reboot automatically. The first boot usually take more time, so wait for it.
Congrats! Android 5.1.1 Lollipop LYZ28E factory image is now installed and running on your T-Mobile Nexus 6.